A major brain injury can radically change a person’s life. The associated medical expenses can be astronomical. The effects on your career and personal life will be inevitable. And you simply won’t be yourself — perhaps for a very long time.
If you’ve experienced a major brain injury, it’s time to contact a brain injury lawyer. Simply follow these five steps.
Seek medication attention right after the accident
As soon as possible, do the following:
- Go to the emergency room
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Record your symptoms
- Speak with your doctors about the long-term effects of your injuries
Gather medical statements and medical bills to strengthen your claim
You’ll need evidence to prove that you’ve had a major brain injury. Collect the following:
- Pictures of the accident
- Pictures of your injuries
- Police reports
- Medical reports
- Witness statements, if possible
- Medical statements and bills
- A record of your symptoms and various related injuries and their effects
Hire a brain injury lawyer — Set a Free Consultation
You’ll need to seek compensation for your injuries by using the evidence you have collected. In order to receive compensation, however, you’ll need to work with a brain injury lawyer. At your consultation appointment with your lawyer, be sure to explain:
- The circumstances of the accident
- Your symptoms
- What you’ve already paid and will need to pay for medical expenses
- How your brain injury has changed your life
- Further medical interventions you’ll require
“We are your work injury lawyer, and know that we are near you. Schedule a Free Consultation Today.”
File a lawsuit seeking compensation
Your brain injury lawyer will work with you to file a lawsuit. They can help you recover damages for the following:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma and anxiety
Settlement or lawsuit?
Many people are unsure whether they should try to settle their case or file a lawsuit. This is something that we can help you decide. We will take the following into consideration:
- The circumstances of your injuries and the related accident
- The symptoms you have been and currently are experiencing
- The extent of your injuries
- The possible criminal history of the at-fault party
- The negative effects the injury has caused in your life
Speak With an Experienced Attorney for a Free Consultation
FREE CASE EVALUATION
Have a Brain Injury? Get a Legal Evaluation Today!
20+ Years of Experience
PRO TIP :
“It is important to consult with an experienced attorney about the specific circumstances of your case, connect with Diamond & Diamond Brain Injury Lawyer today.”
- What types of brain injury cases do your attorneys handle?
Sadly, there are a range of brain injuries that may result from a serious car accident. At our law firm, we can help you recover compensation for any type of brain injury — from skull fractures and cerebral contusions, to hemorrhages, concussions, and swelling problems.
- What is the use of medical experts in brain injury cases?
In order to win your case and receive just compensation, it is imperative that you are able to prove you have a brain injury that was caused or exacerbated by the experience outlined in your case. A medical expert can support your case by reviewing your medical records, symptoms, and other evidence. In court, they can reveal findings in order to provide evidence of your brain injury.